From SharePoint/Fileshare “On-Prem” to Online (Office 365)
Nowadays, almost all companies are willing to implement a Cloud solution. Therefore, they will have to go through the complex migration process. While planning data migration, the organization needs to gain an overview over information types and where these are stored. The main goal should be to avoid migrating the same data with the same issues to a new source and at the same time make a data cleansing.
Configure IntOp Context Layer to identify information types and categories. Categories may be processes, high-level information groups, departments or activities. IntOp Engine ingests the data from the current sources and presents these in IntOp Fetch. Based on selections of filters in Fetch, reports may be sent to the migration team to migrate data in the same contexts to the new repository.
Due to the contextualization and categorization done in the IntOp Context Layer, the migration gives the data more value while also giving the migration team tools to clean up the data. As the data is migrated in context, users will easier find what they need in the new source. Because IntOp Fetch already is configured to identify information types, all users may Fetch to find information in the new source as well.
For a successful migration project, IntOp has defined the following steps:
Planning and preparation
- Decide on migration strategy
- Appoint migration team (IntOp and partner or third party)
- Install IntOp solution on prem, on Cloud or as hybrid solution
- Design contexts for smart categorization, for instance retention groups, file types, department, activities, process
- Design migration to migrate category for category across sites instead of site for site
- Configure fit for purpose contexts
- Sort and analyze all data using IntOp Context Layer and Fetch
- Make selection in Fetch, export report for migration team
- See statistics about AS-IS data in BI Dashboards
- Files may be tagged with context-based tags from IntOp Context Layer
- Design target sites with metadata based on contexts/categories
- Migrate using a migration tool (I.e. ShareGate)
- Migrate categories, not sites
- Do intelligent migration, not «cut & paste»
- Check migrated files with IntOp Fetch in target sources
- Follow migration status in IntOp Fetch live
- Change access rules to accommodate data democratization while ensuring sensitivity and security levels are kept
- Boost search, information discovery and collaboration by using IntOp Fetch as discovery tool across sites.
- Ensure information management principles and governance using IntOp Fetch
- Stream contextual file collections from many sites to a fit for purpose site or other front ends
- See statistics about contextualized data in BI Dashboards